- The deepest oceanic trench is the Mariana Trench which is estimated to be 6.86 miles deep
- The tallest mountain and volcano in the solar system is Olympus Mons on Mars.
- The oldest verified whale was a bowhead found off the coast of Alaska in 2007 and was estimated to be 130 years old. Not only that, the whale also had a fragment of a lance from the 1880s stuck in it’s neck.
- The oldest tortoise to ever live was Tu’i Malila who lived from 1977 to 1965. She was given to the royal family of Tonga by english explorer Captain James Cook. In 1953, she was visit by Queen Elizebeth II of England where she remained in care of the Tongan Royal Family until her death in 1965.
- The second oldest tortoise ever was Harriet who was actually said to have been collected by Sir Charles Darwin from the Galapagos islands in 1835. She lived to be 175 years old and passed away in 2006.
- If you were on the surface of Mars you’d weigh one-third of what you do on Earth.
- The only wonder of the ancient world that’s still standing are the Pyramids at Giza