The Saints failed to make the playoffs during the 2012 season – but that doesn’t mean some of the team’s player didn’t help NFL fans’ fantasy football teams win it all. Here’s a look at some of this year’s Saints players who surely made an impact.
- QB Drew Brees racked up 467.58 fantasy football points for Yahoo! Sports players during the year. Week-to-week, the Saints signal caller remained a reliable start, minus his game at Atlanta during week 13 in which he threw 5 interceptions. His high point, however, came during week 4 when he accounted for 41.84 fantasy points in a loss to Green Bay. Overall, Brees finished the season with 43 TD passes, 19 interceptions and 5,177 yards in the air – also his third season that he’s thrown for 5K yards+.
- TE Jimmy Graham continued to thrive on big plays in 2012 – racking up a total of 200.7 points during the 2012 campaign. While not as reliable in 2011, Graham could still be counted on – accounting for 33.10 Yahoo! fantasy points in week 10 VS. Atlanta.
- RB Darren Sproles provided a multitude of fantasy contributions (whether in passing, rushing or specials teams) in 2012 – accounting for a total of 224.90 Yahoo! Fantasy Football points. Every game he was available in, he excelled. At max, he hauled in 27.40 Yahoo! fantasy points during week 2 in an effort against Carolina. His weakest point? 9.75 in week 5’s game against San Diego. From weeks 9 to 11, Sproles was out due to injury.
- WR Marques Colston: At 6′ 4″, Colston remains one of Drew Brees’ favorite targets in the passing game, especially when it concerns the endzone. During the 2012 campaign, Colston caught 83 passes for 1154 yards and 10 TDs. The effort translated into a total of 221.90 Yahoo! Fantasy football points. During week 5, Colston accounted for 38.60 fantasy points VS San Diego.
- WR Lance Moore: 2012 was a breakout year for longtime Saints receiver Lance Moore – a year in which he recorded 65 catches for 1041 yards and 6 touchdowns. In Yahoo! Fantasy Football, that translated into 184.85 fantasy points. Moore’s high point came during week 1 when he scored 24.00 Yahoo! Fantasy points.